sexta-feira, 12 de agosto de 2011

1942 WLC













I try not to post pictures of bikes we build at work because they're mostly Harleys.  I'm not into Harleys and probably will never be. I do understand their importance in the evolution process, but I fail to believe today's overpriced HD image that's been turned into a massive marketing success, totally twisting the notion of what bikes are about.

This bike is proof of exactly that. Unbelievably badly built with mechanical solutions that brings tears to my eyes thinking of American soldiers depending on them them through battlefields and potholed roads. I take this bike as an example of the American industry back in the day and I cannot imagine (for the life of me) how the Germans lost the War against such poor machinery.

All in all, I think we did a good (aesthetical) job with it even if the boss chose to do his best "goldfinger".

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário